homewho is MaryC?contactblogrolllinks & lists

Friday, August 12, 2011

Okay, I really need to get in shape...

As I am typing this, the Toby Keith song As Good As I Once Was is playing:


I gotta tell you, that is a perfect song when you are in your fifties and just spent two weeks entertaining three grandsons and their parents. I was whipped but a I still had to drive J, the 12 year old home and come back the next day. That would be about 600 miles in two days. I squeezed in a visit with my friend Chantel, friends Debbie and Andreas and had breakfast with the RGH's mom before I drove home.

Since then, I have been trying to put my house back together, do laundry, organize the linen closets and I canned pickled okra and grape jam.

Yeah, I am ready for a vacation consisting of sitting around and doing nothing but watching Netflix.

I was supposed to be doing Weight Watchers but I was cooking comfort food and baking cakes and eating at buffets. Lets just say, I haven't logged onto Weight Watchers in so long I had to have them send me my password. I am afraid to get on the scale because my clothes are telling me I am worse off than when I signed up for WW.

I guess it's time to get back on the treadmill and writing down what I eat. A trip to the Fresh and Easy to get some fruits and veggies and I'll start over. 

Frankly, I am getting to the point that I don't really give a rat's @$$ how much I weigh but I really can't justify a whole new wardrobe just because I want to eat pie and Alfredo sauce. Not necessarily at the same time, but you get what I am saying. 

Fortunately, the RGH doesn't love me solely for my knock out figure and hopefully not just for my mind either, since it's pretty far gone these days too.

So I am playing catch up and I haven't forgotten that I promised to give you the scoop on our week with the big J. I just haven't transferred the photos to my computer yet. I'll add that to my list.

And if you find my mind, send it back to me, will ya'?

Till next time,

1 comment:

  1. Its probably off having chocolate cream pie with mine...but if I find it, I'll send it back! :)

    ReplyDelete