homewho is MaryC?contactblogrolllinks & lists

Saturday, September 3, 2011

30 Days of Lists

I know I promised photos from our trip to the Longhorn Restaurant and it will happen. I am trying to figure out how to get the photos from my iPhone to my computer without emailing them one at a time. UGH!

It has been a stressful few weeks, well the whole year actually, but we are talking recently right now. I have been trying to cut myself some slack and not 'should' on myself so much. You know, I should do this or I should do that. I give myself a lot of anxiety just should-ing.

My first thing was to start taking a quiet time with God every morning. I have been doing The 40 Days of Purpose and a New Testament reading program. I am on day 36 of 40 days but have to admit that during a visit to my brother's, I got a little behind on the book but kept up the New Testament. I did not beat myself up about it, I just picked up where I left off. And no, I did not do a bunch of days at once to catch up. The point is to get something out of it, to hear what God wants me to know, so I am taking my time. It is now a habit for me.

Yay for one thing down. So I was ready to start something else. Enter, 30 Days of Lists.

I began three days ago making my lists from the prompts but just got them all put onto pretty paper today. I am going for VERY SIMPLE. I don't want to overwhelm myself with pressures that are not important. It's really about the lists and documenting where I am right now. So without further ado, here is what I have done so far:

I fell in love with A Colorful Life papers and couldn't bear to cut them. They are 8x8 so I just used them whole to make my book of lists. I love how easy it is for me, how lovely it looks and how doable it is at this time in my life.

I was thinking I might have to make another People I Love page because, well I love so many people. These are just some of my family. I have more family and oh, so many friends. Anyway, the RGH is waiting to watch a movie with me so ta-ta for now.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I'm a LIST JUNKIE so my eyes started twinkling when I read about the lists...THANX for the new obsession, Mar!!! Glad you've stopped SHOULD'ing yourself...I notice that's when I get the most headaches/stomachaches!!! OH HANDWRITTEN notes...ME PLEASE!!! I was JUST looking at my postcard collection saying how frail it looks...I'd LOVE to get one from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your lists...I am also in love with that paper, but couldn't find it anywhere...sometimes i hate the East Coast...its so BEHIND in scrapbooking supplies...

    ReplyDelete